Friday, November 7, 2008

Barb the Plumber


I have to replace the washer in the hot water faucet in my tub. No problem. I’ve done it before. Only it is a hassle this time. I’m out of washers. So now I have to venture out to Lowes first.

While I’m there I should investigate the filters for the in-line thingy the ex installed even though I told him not to. Although the filters do last for what seems like forever, about two years, I should have one on hand for when it’s time to change since it’s getting close to that now. I figure while I have the water off for the washer I may as well do that right away too. The thing is I don’t even know what the unit’s officially called. It has a clear tank and a blue cap which is the part that is attached to the water pipe.

I can picture the looks I’ll be getting now, can’t you? The filter fits into the tank. I suppose I should measure the tank before I go. Yes, that might help. As I recall the purpose of it was to make the water taste better. Dunno if it worked or not. The cats and I drank bottled water before it was on the line and we still did after he installed it, damn man. I told him repeatedly not to cut my brand new pipes apart but do you think he listened to me? No, of course not. Why would he respect my wishes about that when he never did about anything else either?

Sorry, I digress. Once I accomplish the locating of the replacement filter I then have to go about removing the tank. Guaranteed it’s screwed on way too tight for it to be easy. At least I understand the basic principle of that one. And yes, I do know to open the spigot in the kitchen, the nearest outlet to the tank, before I begin so all the water in the house doesn’t drain onto me.

Then all I have to do is make sure I get the tank aligned properly so it doesn’t leak when I screw it back together. Piece of cake.

2 comments:

Anny Cook said...

Ah, I love plumbing. The only thing I like better is messing with the electricity. In the dark.

Have fun.

Regina Carlysle said...

HA. I'm with Anny on that. I hate big cavernous places like Lowe's. Maybe it's a Texas thing but when you try to explain what you need to these guys, they get this condescending look on their faces...makes me wanna smack em.