Thursday, July 29, 2010

I Wonder



A week or so ago one of my pictures fell off the wall. No reason for it. It just fell. Last night, another did the same thing.

I’ve been thinking about it and decided my house is trying to kick me out. It apparently doesn’t want me there anymore and is giving me a gentle shove out the door. I won’t be at all surprised to get home one day and find some of my stuff on the sidewalk.

Years ago when I bought my house it came with a piano. What? Doesn’t everyone’s? Anyway, I had a moment and gave it away. To an FBI hostage negotiator but that’s a different blog. The only time I played was when I was prowling the house in the wee hours of the morning and I think my neighbors were happy to see it go. I transposed everything to minor keys as I played so it always sounded somewhat off.

Only thing is I now wish I still had it. Yeah, for when I’m prowling again. I have a keyboard but it’s just not the same. Sure it can be set to sound like an average piano but it doesn’t feel right. I know. Never happy, am I?

I lost my mind the other night, (Don’t say it!) and ordered some new sheet music. Erik Satie’s Gymnopedie. It’s been a long time since I indulged myself like that and I’m really looking forward to it coming. I’ll let you know how it goes.

No comments: