Friday, December 30, 2011

And I Repeat...


I know I’ve mentioned this before but I feel it bears repeating. It’s about this little thing called gravity.

Gravitynoun. The force of attraction by which terrestrial bodies tend to fall toward the center of the earth

So what does this mean? It’s really very simple. Things that go up come back down.

For example, shooting off a gun that is aimed toward the sky will release a bullet, propelled by the force of the gun powder. It will eventually slow until there is an infinitesimal pause after which the direction is reversed and the bullet plummets back to earth, picking up speed as it goes.

I don’t know about where you live but here in Reading those that utilize firearms as noisemakers have already begun practicing for New Year’s Eve. Which means it’s beginning to rain bullets. Now I wouldn’t have a problem with this if those pulling the triggers could manage to shoot skyward in such a manner that would ensure the bullets would fall directly back on to them. Yep, I’d have no problem with that. Shooting and having the bullets land helter skelter, perhaps on my head? No, not so much.

Have some sense people! Tell your neighbors to have some sense! Tell perfect strangers to have some sense! I have things to do in the upcoming year and getting shot by a stray bullet fired by an idiot is most definitely not one of them.

Happy New Year! Be safe. Be happy. And be an adventure!

No comments: