Monday, February 13, 2012

Simple


I cam home today to an orange notice on my door. It was from the local gas company. It seems they wish to come and inspect my gas lines and meter. You see, my bills are significantly less than other years and they are concerned.

Very nice of them to worry and yes, I will be calling for an appointment. The whole natural gas infrastructure in this part of the country is old and decaying. I’m happy to come let them make sure that my little corner of the world is safe.

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, it is unnecessary. I can tell them why my bill is so low. It’s been very warm here this winter which means I haven’t felt the need to turn on the heat. It’s set at 53 and hasn’t come on by itself more than a handful of times.

No heat = no natural gas usage = a very inexpensive bill.

No comments: