Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New Does Not Always Mean Better


I was at the grocery store the other day, a chore I truly despise. I like to be there and gone in as little time as necessary. If Reading had decent stores with locally produced items made with fresh ingredients I might feel differently. Perhaps. Perhaps not. The closest we get is the farmers’ market which sells fresh items though not necessarily local. I am more tolerant there so who knows?

But I digress. As I said, I was running through the store and stumbled upon a Cheez-It display. I like Cheez-Its and it’s been some time since I had any. They were on sale so I decided I’d allow myself an unbudgeted treat.

Only as I was reaching for a box I noticed they now come in mozzarella flavor. Mmm. I love mozzarella so why not give them a try? Why not indeed. They taste nothing like mozzarella. Nor do they taste much like Cheez-Its. They’re the proper size and shape. And they’re crunchy. I’ve been nibbling on them for two days now and I have yet to determine if I like them or not.

No comments: