Monday, March 4, 2013

A Confesstion



I love winter.  Well, cold weather that is.  Temperatures below freezing with occasional snow to make it pretty now and then is perfect.  I can do without blizzards and freezing rain.

That said, I must admit I’m ready to play in the dirt.  I spent an hour cleaning out one of the gardens I tend a few weeks ago on a sunny Sunday morning.  It’s very sheltered and warms up faster than the rest of the area.  The ground in my own yard is still a bit frozen under the surface to be pulling last year’s plants.  I always leave them for the birds to pick at over the winter, both for seeds and nesting materials.

We’re possibly getting another little dose of snow this week so even though it’s going to be in the fifties this weekend I doubt I’ll be able to do much.  Hmm.  Unless I can find some bushes that need pruning.  It would be perfect weather for that.  And, now that I’m thinking about it, I just might know where there is a butterfly bush hedge that could use some tending.

Wish me luck!

No comments: