Monday, August 20, 2012

Oh Yeah!


Mmm.  The taste of summer.  The only good thing about summer but we’ve already discussed that part.

I was out and about over the weekend and came home with a handful of fresh mint which I proceeded to make into the most delicious tea.  Sweetened with a touch of local honey and damn, is it good!  The same individual has given me cucumbers in weeks past and they are so good I actually look forward to having them on my salads, a first for me.

And then there is a truly wonderful woman at work who has taken to canning her own jams and salsas.  This year’s bounty is peach and I swear I have never tasted anything quite so incredible.  It amazes me that she is willing to share.  I probably shouldn’t admit this but I don’t know if I would be as generous had I created such numminess on my own but I am so very happy she is kinder than I am.

How about you?  What’s your favorite summer treat?

No comments: