Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pout


I’m sad.

My neighbors are moving soon.  I popped over to see them tonight and discovered they are working on using up all the food in their freezer. One less thing to pack and transport.

They’re not moving far but they’ve been next door for almost fifteen years.  I hand picked them.  When the woman who used to live there was getting married and informed me she intended to rent her house I directed them immediately to it.  It’s been so great, having them there.

As I said, they’re not moving far so I’m sure we’ll stay in touch.  But it won’t be the same.  For instance, we won’t call out a hello any time one of us goes in and out of the house.  And it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to drive across town in our PJs to visit.  Whose oven will they use when they are cooking so many things they won’t all fit in theirs?  And what will I do with the excess soup that won’t fit in my freezer?  Who will I play with when I’m out tending my yard once their granddaughter isn’t around?

No, they’re not moving far but I sure am going to miss having them right next door. 

No comments: