Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Great Hunt


Has begun. For the new kitten, that is.

Beau’s momma had a litter about five weeks ago. But she hadn’t brought them as she’s supposed to. Last Thursday evening a coworker saw her with a little ball of gray fluff, sunning in the parking lot right behind one of the neighboring yards.

Naturally I went searching on Friday. She was there, in the yard, with the cutest tiny gray kitten! I said hello and merely looked through the chain link fence. I didn’t want to scare her off. Apparently, that was enough to do that anyway.

Monday, I confirmed the kitten had a home to go to but when I went back to snag it, it was gone. I saw the momma cat Tuesday heading for the parking lot so I followed her. She went into that yard but then climbed the tree and hopped into the one beside it that is all walled off. Yep, she’s moved the kitten where I can’t get to it.

I guess she’s decided to keep this one. I’m hoping she’ll change her mind and move it back so I can catch it and send it home where it will be cared for by responsible people. If you can, help Beau send out good vibes so Momma Kitty knows it will go to a good home and be as loved as he is.

No comments: