Monday, May 30, 2011

Too Hot!


You know it’s too hot when a chicken Caesar salad from Wawa sounds like a good idea. And you know there are too many strawberries when you get sunburned picking them. That about sums up my day.

Yesterday was more eventful. I went on a road trip. To Centralia. For those of you unfamiliar with Centralia, go here. For those of you who already know about the place the answer to the question rolling around your heads is “Exactly, to see nothing.”

It wasn’t quite nothing. There are four houses left. And the municipal building. I haven’t been to Centralia since the 80’s. It’s amazing how nature is reclaiming the area, fire or no fire. If you didn’t know there used to be a fair-sized town there you’d have no idea. Most of the strip mine pits are grown over too.

I’m not sure why but the area still holds a certain fascination for me. I think I’ll wait until the leaves have fallen and go back again.

No comments: