Friday, May 6, 2011

I Was Bad


I was chatting with my friend, author Taylor Tryst, yesterday about the great green bean incident. No, sorry. If you want the details you’ll have to ask her. But it triggered a memory which I will share with you.

Most evenings when I was a child, we ate together as a family. (I’ll refrain from commenting here on that one.) During one meal, my brother said something exceptionally aggravating and I reacted. Nope, didn’t say anything. Nope, didn’t throw a knife. What I did was better.

I can’t recall what it was we had for dinner but I remember it being something he particularly liked. So I took my full glass of milk and poured the entire contents out onto his plate, making his meal inedible. And it just happened to be one of those occasions where there wasn’t anything left after each of our plates was filled. Yeah, I’m sure you get the picture.

As you might expect, there was that glorious moment of stunned silence before chaos struck. Then my brother started whining. My mother yelled. And my poor father nearly choked because he was struggling not to laugh. Naturally, I was banished, which had been my goal to begin with.

So there you have it for those of you who have been wondering. Yes, I am armed and dangerous. I got milk.

Happy weekend all!

1 comment:

Catherine Criswell Spear said...

Great childhood memory - thanks for sharing!