Monday, December 31, 2012

Howie Update



I was at work today, doing what I do when I received a phone call from the owner of Howie’s garage.  Apparently when Howie came up in the scheduling meeting he was not happy to have him back for the third time with the same problem.

He wanted answers to questions the mechanic didn’t have so he called and asked me directly.  No, Howie was not making strange noises before he stopped this time nor either of the prior two times.  Yes, he got a new battery and wiring harness before the first starter went bad.  Then, when I mentioned the crayon smell was back, he was very interested and said that is important.  Seems Howie really isn’t supposed to smell strongly of crayons.

We had a lenghty conversation and I was very impressed that he took the time and actually listened to me.  He did not speak to me like I was a clueless idiot as the garage owner I went to previously had.  He seems to understand the meaning of customer service and cares that things are done properly.  He’s also concerned with the reputation of his business, something that not every business owner seems to be these days.  All in all it was a good thing.

So no, Howie is not fixed yet but I feel confident he will be soon.  In the mean time, I’ve been doing some urban hiking, mainly to prove to myself that I can, even with blisters.  Anyone up for some vicarious exercise?  My treat this time.

Whatever your plans are tonight, be safe,  Happy New Year all!

No comments: