Monday, December 16, 2013

For Example...

A bit ago I subscribed to dictionary.com's word of the day emails.  It's always good to learn new words and some of them are excellent.  I was chatting with a friend who agreed but wondered when some of them might ever be used.  Me, being me, took this as a challenge.  So here is what I came up with.  My same dark tone, with a whole slew of words of the day interspersed.  See?  It is possible to learn new things at any age and I highly recommend it.



Witherward go I
To the land of umbriferous demons
Their shadows engulf me
In a chill that leaches the hardihood
Right out of my soul

Knee deep in a pokelogan
Wightest serpents twining my limbs
Borborgymus audible above the pounding of my heart
Soon they will feast

The wroth sky unleashes torrents
Dousing me with acrid waste
Siphoned from blackened tributaries
Pelting me until I capitulate

I was dispossessed by the world I thought I knew
I am reprehensible in this alternative
A misfit even among abominations
The klaxon has sounded
My extermination is nigh
And I embrace it

No comments: