Monday, February 25, 2013

Transition & Flux



The state of my life.  The state of everyone’s or it should be.  Even once you’re settled and think you’re exactly where you want to be I believe it is still necessary to keep growing to avoid stagnation.  And growth inspires change.  Oh sure, it may be gradual and in the same area where you already find yourself but it is change nonetheless.

As I sit here tonight, sipping a cup of inferior chai (I’m out of the good stuff.) I am being a bit introspective.  No, my life is not where I want it to be.  Yes, I think it may finally be heading in the direction needed to get it there.  No, I’m not that worried that I’ve reached this age and am still as far away from where I want to be.  Hey, it’s taken me all these years to figure that out so I’m really just beginning.  If it works out anywhere close to the rough plan I have, I’ll be a very happy girl.

Where do I want to be?  Sorry, no specifics but in general I want to have the freedom to be much more creative than I am now.  Yeah, not an easy goal but then what things that are truly worth it are easy?

So tell me.  Are you where you want to be or, like me, are you still evolving?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Still evolving! There's a great quote about this:

"Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become."

Transition is a forever state!