Tuesday, March 11, 2014

It's Time

And my own fault.  I've been very irresponsible lately with my meals.  Yes, pretty much eating anything and everything I wanted.  Bad Barb.  Bad, bad Barb!

Now it is time to pay.  If you've been around for a long time then you will know that I used to suffer from terrible migraines.  I finally cured them on my own.  By juicing.  No more drugs that could kill a horse at twenty paces.

Or so I thought.  Last week I would have killed for some of those drugs.  I had a choice to make.  Go back to the whole doctor ritual, including a slew of drugs or have some more juice.  I chose juice.

You may be wondering why I even hesitated.  Simple.  The juice that works best includes kale.  Have you ever had raw kale juice?  Trust me.  It's truly nasty!  As in one tiny sip is enough to make my skin crawl for three minutes.  Drinking a whole glass is a true challenge.  But still, in the long run, it is better than endless migraines.

So here, on the outside of the pic are my breakfast and lunch tomorrow.  Kale, cucumber, celery, ginger, apple and a splash of pure, natural orange juice.  I've discovered that OJ makes it slightly more palatable.  Tonight's dinner is a treat.  Kale, cucumber, celery, banana and super sweet pineapple!  Much better but not really as effective when it comes to eliminating migraines quickly.

One interesting thing I learned with tonight's dinner combination - Banana brings out the taste of celery.  Had no clue it would do that but I'm eternally grateful it didn't enhance the kale.

No comments: