Saturday, July 12, 2014

A Dilemma

I spent much of my day reading a book.  One that I wrote that I have yet to submit to my editor.  It's been so long since I looked at it that I'd forgotten huge chunks so it was like reading something someone else wrote.  I was amazed to find myself enjoying it as much as I did.  Generally, I am very critical of my writing.  But, as I said, I don't remember writing much of this one.

What is it?  The fourth in my Cosmic Connections series, working title of Karma.  It's a bit different from my other books in that the heroine is just out of an abusive relationship.  I set it aside because I wasn't sure anyone would want to read it but now I'm reconsidering that notion.  Actually, I've decided I really like her!  At first I thought she may come across as being a bit weak but then I remembered the book starts with her getting out, deciding she wanted to live, deciding she was worth saving.  Do you  know how HUGE that is?  How much strength it takes to make that decision and stick to it?  Just my opinion and not because I wrote it but anyone who sees her as weak is someone who needs to get a clue.

So now I'm faced with the challenge of tidying it up, should I choose to submit it that is.  I'm still unsure about that.  Oh not because I doubt it is worthy of publication.  It is.  I'm just not sure I want to share it with the world but I've gone through that with every book I've ever sent out there.

Any thoughts?  Would you read it?  Have you read the beginning of the series?  In addition to this being Jesse's story it also ties up all the loose ends from the first three books.  I don't know.  I'll have to think about this some more.  Once I finish reading the rest of it.

No comments: