Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hmm...


I’m one of those people who likes to work with background noise.  Lately, it’s been the original Doctor Doolittle with Rex Harrison.  However, I suspect I’ve had it on a few too many times.

When you read, whose voice do you hear inside your head?  Usually I hear mine.  Until recently that is.  The past few days it’s been Rex Harrison.  Okay.  I don’t mind that at all.  Kind of nice.

Only yesterday, I was reading something a friend had written.  This is a friend I speak with often enough to know there are certain phrases he uses regularly.  (Generally makes me giggle when he says it, btw.)  So when I got to one of his characters using the phrase Rex popped right out of my head to be replaced by my friend’s voice.  And yes, it made me giggle just like it does when he uses it.

Yes, I’m likely insane.  Or the cats think I am.  Sitting here, quietly reading all by myself.  A story not meant to be comic and I’m suddenly laughing out loud.  Oh, I laugh by myself but it’s usually when the furs are doing something silly.  They came running to see what was going on.  They seemed disappointed to find just me doing nothing.  I got that look that only a disgruntled cat can give before they wandered off to go back to whatever they were doing before I so rudely interrupted.

I think I’ll experiment.  See who else I can get to narrate within my head.  Any suggestions?

No comments: