Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 19

NaNoWriMo Day 19 - 1459 words, 44698 total.

"One summer I ended up with extra vacation and I used it up by taking every Friday afternoon off. I’d leave work and head straight there for my steak sandwich. I was there so frequently that the owner stocked the brand of scotch I prefer, just for me. Sometimes, I’d be there so long that I had a second sandwich for dinner. Hey, I was a tiny little thing back then. That was pretty much all I ate in a week so I could afford to have two now and then. I’m fairly certain there might have been a time or two I was still there well after midnight and may have even consumed a third. Trust me, with all the scotch that I’m sure I also had, an extra sandwich would have been a good thing. But back then the streets were still relatively safe and I was on foot so I wasn’t a danger to anyone but me." ~ Indiscriminate Slaughter
Short chapter but perhaps one of the more emotional ones.

No comments: