Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 20

NaNoWriMo Day 20 - 1835 words, 46533 total.

"But all right. Since you though it so important to ask, no, I have never killed anyone just because I could, as you so ungraciously put it. What do you take me for? Some sort of horrible monster? I’d respond carefully if I were you. Is that the conclusion you’ve reached? That I’m a cold-blooded killer? You haven’t been paying much attention, have you? Every judgment I passed has been swift and honorable. Oh, is that where the difficulty lies? That I act as both judge and jury, convicting people without giving them a chance to defend themselves.
You’re mistaken there. They have plenty of opportunity to show their worth. All they need to do is act responsibly, treat others, all others, with dignity and be a decent person. Do no harm. How is it my fault that they fail to do something as simple as that? If I weren’t here, doing what I do, imagine all the hurt they might inflict with their ongoing carelessness. The world is a far better place because of me." ~ Indiscriminate Slaughter

No comments: