Friday, May 23, 2014

Weather!!!

Howie Came Through Unscathed!

Amazing sky! Something HUGE is coming.
Downtown Reading

Courtyard with Pretties

Target Parking Lot


Pretties Before the Storm

Pretties After the Storm
Yesterday my little corner of the world had a bit of a hail storm.  It was like nothing I'd ever seen before!  One road actually required a snow plow to deal with all the hail.  Windshields were smashed.  Headlights were smashed.  Cars looked like a hoard of angry Oompa-Loompas who'd eaten their way through the chocolate factory went at them with sledge hammers.  So badly that I've heard of several being totaled by insurance companies after just a phone call.  Car lots lost entire inventories.  Windows were broken all over the place.  Hell, the skylights in the local mall came down and there was tennis ball sized hail splashing in the fountains.  I've surfed pictures with morbid fascination because as I said, it was a brand new experience for me. It was 83 when the storm started, 65 when the first wave ended.  Surfaces where hot.  And then the hail came creating ultra creepy mist.

Here are just a few pics.  Some are mine.  Some are borrowed because they are amazing.  I'm sure you can find more if you're interested.

Look what it did to the pretties I planted.  Believe it or not I think the majority of them are going to make it.


No comments: