Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hot Holiday Ideas




I found you a whole bunch of stuff I think you may just have to have. If not for yourself, then your significant other.

1. An ax from the Best Made Company. Yes, that’s right. An ax. As in something with which to chop down a tree. But this is no ordinary ax. No this one doubles as a piece of artwork. Each ax has an intricately designed, hand-painted handle. They come in a range of prices, $250 - $550, which is no more than you’d pay for a decent chainsaw.

2. A ping –pong paddle from Brodmann Blades. Weird looking double paddle gizmo that resembles a fireplace bellows in appearance. They’ve gotten mixed reviews so I’m not sure if you really want to invest the $100 to have one, especially since they are not competition approved.

3. A PS Rasken Bench from Ikea. Believe it or not, this bench is made of REAL wood! You may want to spend your $100 on it instead of the ping-pong paddle. It’s very simple in design, three boards – the seat board has slots for the leg boards to slip into so there’s no screws required for assembly. Can’t get any easier than that.

4. An instant camera from Fujifilm. Basically an update version of the old Polaroids. Neat looking and not outrageous at $96. So why am I including it? Because the photo editor of GQ, where I found all these delights, is quoted in the magazine as saying this about them – “They’re like a girl with a reputation – fast, fun, easy.”

5. A Meehan Bar Rollup from Moore & Giles. For $150 you can have a leather and waxed canvas pouch filled with various stirrers, ice picks and muddlers. Great for the traveling bartender on your list. Hmm, ice picks. No, wait. That’s a different blog. Sorry.

6. And last, but not least, a bladeless fan from Dyson. This gadget “amplifies” the air, creating a gentle breeze sensation rather than chopping and buffeting it, as regular bladed fans do. For the low, low price of $330.

Well, there you have it. If you need any additional gift ideas let me know. I’m sure I can find more for you.

2 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

I saw the Fujifilm camera on the news yesterday!! I LOVE it, and know someone in my family (cough Grandma cough) will show up with it:)

Anny Cook said...

I'll go for the axe and the bench! Great choices!