Friday, December 4, 2009

Zen


Do you remember M, the unexpected delight of a woman I bumped into a while back? I saw her again yesterday and walked away with the same sense of peace and tranquility as the first time I encountered her.


We had the most amazing, aimless conversation. I suspect one of the reasons I enjoy her so much is because she makes me think. And she's not afraid to have an opinion though she has a way of putting things that would rarely offend anyone. In fact, I doubt some people would even realize she's disagreed with them and put them in their place until later, once they've had a chance to mull things over. That's a true talent and one few possess.


Anyway, I had fun, wandered off calmer than when we said hello and carrying a little Christmas token. A bag of coal, real coal, believe it or not. Hahaha, she must have guessed I'll never make it to the nice list. But can you imagine anyone just happening to have that with them all tied up in a nifty little package with a bow, just in case they come across someone appropriate? Damn cool, if you ask me.

No comments: