Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A New Magazine



I read a Hooters magazine today. Did you know Hooters even had a magazine? I didn’t. It was as expected.

A section with how much various locales earned for assorted charities, NBA predictions, football nonsense, an article on why Pete Rose should be in the hall of fame which I actually agreed with. I’m far from a baseball person but even I saw him play. He was an active player for 23 years. Would’ve been kinda difficult to miss him in all that time.

The ads weren’t much of a surprise either but I did learn that Jeremiah Weed makes Sweet Tea Vodka. They recommend mixing it with lemonade. Hmm, might need to try that.

And then of course there was the photo section. Silliest damn thing too. It was taken in Aspen. In the snow. In bikinis. Only I had to search for the article, yes, there was one, to determine if they were wearing bikinis or underwear. Some of the combinations, I honestly couldn’t tell. What really disappointed me was that they never gave credit to the boots which were super cute. Now I want a pair and don’t know what variety they are. Fortunately one of the fashionistas I know identified them as a Victoria’s Secret item. (Hey, I’ll bet the underwear/swimsuits are too.) Yeah, I know. The boots aren’t the point of the pictures. But I want some!

And now those of you who know me well are shaking your heads and wondering why since there’s little chance that I’d ever wear furry boots such as these. Way to hot for me to even consider but damn they’re cute.

In writer news, Chaos received a most excellent review from Melinda at Night Owl Romance. 5 hearts and a reviewers top pick. "Barbara Huffert has woven gangs, tornadoes and two strong willed people together. You will be left in awe." Click here to read the full review.

3 comments:

Anny Cook said...

Congratulations on that review! That's wonderful.

Regina Carlysle said...

Congrats on the review! Damn...furry boots!!!! I want some too. At Victoria's Secret? I'll have to check it out. I did NOT know Hooters had their own magazine. Strange.

BTW...citron Grey Goose Vodka is wonderful mixed with lemonade.

Unknown said...

Don't you just hate that - when a company gives you the info one one item and not another. Happens all the time in store cataloges. The items you want isn't the item they are selling - it's just a prop for the other stuff.

Great article and yes those books are super cute.