Monday, December 21, 2009

Whatcha Mean, I Can't?


When I was maybe ten my grandmother taught me to knit. I made a very basic scarf and then right to a multicolor, multi-needle ski sweater because I liked it and decided I wanted one. I was told it was too advanced for me. Six months later it got cold and I wore my personally crafted sweater. After that I made various other things and then for reasons I don’t really remember, quit knitting.

A little while ago I was chatting with a friend. One thing led to another and now I’m knitting a sweater. An Aran knit, fisherman’s sweater with lots of different cable patterns. Never tried them before but I remember how to knit and purl so why not? Again, I was told it was too difficult, especially considering I haven’t picked up a set of needled in at least 25 years.

Yeah, like that’s going to stop me. I went yarn shopping and had an absolute blast. Found the most gorgeous feeling and looking llama wool but it needed to be ordered because they didn’t have enough of the color I wanted. That’s okay. I took the pattern book home with me and taught myself how to do the cable patterns. My fingers feel a bit awkward but it really wasn’t that big a deal. The yarn came in and the sweater is in progress. It’s very involved so I’m sure it will take months but I’ll post a pic when I’m finished.

Speaking of things I had no clue how to do but didn’t let stop me, I got a great review for Controlled Desires from Seriously Reviewed. “…this erotica delivered 100% in the erotic end. What more can you ask for in an Exotica title. In the end the relationship issues were resolved between h/h and I was left feeling emotionally (and otherwise :) satisfied.” Thank you! If you’d like to read the whole thing, click here.

1 comment:

Regina Carlysle said...

How's the sweater looking, Barb. Can't wait to see a pic! Oooh. Congrats on the very well deserved review. Don't those just make you feel warm and fuzzy? Love em.