Monday, January 3, 2011

A Thought


I had a conversation with a friend the other day. We were discussing all we accomplish on an ongoing basis. You know, the things you just naturally do to get on in your life. It got us started on how scary we’d be if we were ever consistently our best selves. Scary amazing, not scary frightening.

No, I’m not implying either one of us is lazy. Far from it. What I mean is how much of other life stuff gets in the way, bogs us down so we are unable to give every little thing we do our all. Think about yourself for a moment, if you will. As you go through your life, how much of your focus is on what you’re doing at the moment? Or is your mind always split between that and a gazillion other things?

Personally, I have instances of intense focus though not as many as I’d like. Hmm, I’ll have to see what I can do about that. The question is how do I go about it and still manage to do all the other things that need doing on any average day? Some things are going to have to go but it’ll work out. I’m sure I do plenty that isn’t really necessary.

What about you? Are you generally happy with your efforts or do you fall short of what you’d like to be doing? And, if so, how are you going to fix it? No, sorry. I don’t have answers. But I might, now that I’m pondering the whole thing and when I do, I’ll share.

No comments: