Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Did You Know...


More births are recording on October 5th than any other day. You know, New Year’s Eve…

Monty Python’s Flying Circus debuted on BBC in 1969. Wow! Pretty racy for then, wasn’t it?

Ray Kroc, founder of McDonald’s was born in 1902. Ew.

So was Glynis Johns, 1923. I adore her! So funny in While You were Sleeping.

“Cat’s in the Cradle” was released by Harry Chapin in 1975. That song never fails to make me sniffle.

Rodney Dangerfield died in 2004. Are you sure? I think I’ve seen him more recently than that.

In 1921 the World Series was broadcast on the radio for the first time. Too bad it made it to TV. If it had stopped with the radio then I could have gone next door for dinner tonight but no, all those silly people think they need to go watch the Phillies vie for a spot in this year’s upcoming World Series.

No comments: