Saturday, October 8, 2011

Saturday Rant


"Power returns to city after outage

Power has returned to Reading after a large power outage darkened much of the city for about 30 minutes, according to city police.

The lights went out about 8:15 p.m. and there was no power to most of the northeast and parts of northwest Reading.

Police do not know what caused the outage.

Met-Ed has a Website that shows how many customers lost service and where but the site was down Friday night for planned maintenance.”

This is the article that appeared in this morning’s paper. I looked for it specifically to find out what was going on last night. Yes, I was here in the dark, chuckling at all the people exiting the bar just as the Phillies pre-game show was about to begin. Which means the power went out shortly before 8:00, not at 8:15. More like 7:53. I always check because of the things in the freezer. Force of habit. Before the power company made some changes the electric used to go off all the time. It came back on at 8:48. Yeah, I checked again. Now I don’t know about you but to me that’s closer to an hour than half an hour.

About the rest of the article? Pretty darn useless, isn’t it? I’m so full of confidence at the moment you wouldn’t believe! (Where is that sarcasm font when you need it?)

You may now return to your regularly scheduled activities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I realized I wasn't a follower of your blog. Have no idea how that happened! lol

Fixed it, though.

So, now I'll follow you on Twitter and your blog. WHoop. Love your posts, hon.

Have a great day!