Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Friend Cutter

Has a scathingly brilliant idea. Or so I believe. But he'd like thoughts/comments/input. Feel free to post here and I'll make sure he gets whatever you say. Who's Cutter, you ask? What? You don't already know? How can you not? This man is genius. He will one day be THE writer of this era. Below is a note he posted. Please read it and let me know what you think.

Dear Legion of Mad, Creative and Dangerous Friends,

I have a query. I need honest feedback on this, if you would be so kind, thoughts, ideas, and suggestions will be most welcome.

I am thinking about doing a series of one off books. My plan is to buy neat but unusual journal type books, then filling them with original poetry, essays, Haiku, sketches, found objects, photographs, all created by me. Then the idea will be to auction them off on ebay, with the first pages reserved to be customized for the winning bidder. None of the pieces in these will have ever been published, nor will they be ever after so each book will be a work of singular existence.

I will keep copies of all work just to protect myself of course, but if it should happen that I do become famous then these will be something unique to have. I also am willing to do customized books for gifts or to fit a theme with enough warning.

Some of the thoughts I have are I may write poems on autumn leaves, record pieces on cd's then enclose them in the book, add bits of flotsum I find on my travels and just generally make each book as individual as possible.

The auctions would have a minimum bid of probably 25 - 30 dollars to cover my costs and would be signed to the buyer if they wished and sent as soon as the auction was completed.

Thoughts? Ideas? Condemnations? Derision and vehement hatred? Let me know what you think...

Thank you all,

Cutter

No comments: