Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Depressing



Over the past week or so I’ve been rewatching Disney movies I saw as a kid.  Wow!  The memories I have of them seriously fail to correspond with my impressions now.  Other than the music, they are not even remotely similar to how I believed they were.

Overall they are violent.  Sad until the very last moment, if they actually do manage to redeem themselves.  Full of hateful bitchiness.  If you haven’t watched Peter Pan lately, Tinkerbell is NOT the cute little fairy you remember from your childhood.  It’s very depressing to realize that whole segment of my early life is so misconstrued.  It was so bad that I put them away again after only watching about a third of what I had planned.

I think from now on I’ll stick to listening to the soundtracks and enjoying the music while skipping the rest of the stories.

No comments: