Wednesday, September 5, 2012

This is Ridiculous



I took my trash out.  The can is all of fifteen yards from my back door.  I went straight there and back, with only a brief pause to check my spider.  By the time I made it back in I had four new mosquito bites and one who was just trying to tap into me.

I now have mosquito bites on top of my mosquito bites.  I itch beyond belief.  And then, just to make it more fun, I reached into some poison ivy last weekend.  In case you can’t tell, that last bit was sarcastic.  It is not truly fun.  I am one of those people who can’t even look at poison without getting it.  My only hope is that the mosquito that bit into it on Monday now itches from the inside out.  Do mosquitoes get poison?

If I make it through the summer without getting West Nile virus I'll be amazed.  Of course I may already have it.  I have so many bites that I thought I should check up on it since the local news has been making such a big deal out of it again.  The most common form of the disease has no symptoms.  That’s the one most people get although I haven’t figured out how they ever know they have it.  I don’t know about you but I’m not likely to pay a copay to stop in at the doc’s office and say I feel fine so could you check me for West Nile virus?  The next level is a fever.  It comes with tiredness, body aches, swollen glands and perhaps a rash.  Hmm, maybe I don’t have bites.  Maybe I have a rash with HUGE itchy bumps.  The third form of West Nile, the most severe and least common is very serious and potentially deadly.  I definitely don’t have that one.

I checked the local weather report.  No killing frost in the foreseeable future.  Sigh.  I guess that means more bites for me.  Oh goody!  Yes, that was sarcasm again.

No comments: