Thursday, December 30, 2010

Boo!


A month ago I switched companies for my cell phone. Which naturally entailed snagging a new phone. I was all set to be disappointed because Verizon doesn’t carry a green model when the very helpful woman tending to me and my imaginary friend who was with me that day handed me one of the options available. The wallpaper was a field of the right color green grass! And then I opened it to find a safari. An elephant and a giraffe strolling across, yep, you guessed, the right color green plain. She didn’t have a green cover for me there but I found one on ebay for 75 whole cents so I’m a happy girl.

This is the first phone I’ve had that has a full keyboard and it’s big enough to be just fine. The only thing that I’m not so sure about is that the phone is haunted. It randomly reads out my texts. Scared me half to death the first time it started rambling! I know you’re thinking it’s me, pressing some button that makes it do that but I swear it isn’t. I’ve tried to get it to chatter on purpose and I can’t.

I don’t think I mind that it’s possessed now that it has quit frightening me. What I do have trouble accepting is the voice that it uses. It’s a squeaky woman voice. Doesn’t sound at all like the imaginary friend that sends the texts. Yes, that’s a tad disturbing.

What’s that? You don’t quite get how an imaginary friend can go shopping or send texts? Trust me. My imagination is powerful enough that other people can see him too. In fact, it took long enough for all the details to be worked out that the whole Verizon store spoke with him while we were there.

No comments: