Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Huh?


A little bit ago I was lounging, watching Joe Versus the Volcano while chatting with a friend. I mentioned it and discovered he’d never seen it. How that’s possible, I have no idea but me, being me, decided that needed fixing instantly.

I paused the movie and wandering into Amazon, since anything you need in life can be obtained there, and ordered him up a dvd. Got an order confirmation as I normally do, both from Amazon and the seller who listed the dvd. Got a shipping confirmation the next day. All was good in the world. Right? Wrong!

Since it was a holiday I expected it to take an extra day. No problem. I made a reference to the movie yesterday and had to explain what I was talking about since my friend still has yet to see it. So I took a moment to track the package. Yes, the nice people included that information in their email.

This is what I found. The movie left Indian Trail, NC on December 21st. It passed through Forrest Park, GA on the 22nd. And got to Hebron, KY on the 23rd where it seems to have taken up residence. Oh they do have a notice to pardon the delays which are due to extreme weather conditions in Europe, particularly in Belgium. Hmm, all right. Sure. That’s exactly how I would get something from North Carolina to Pennsylvania. In fact, the next time I visit him, I think that’s the route I’ll take. Of course starting from here I’ll need to go to Nevada first which will probably be impassible due to a typhoon in Sri Lanka. Perhaps it has something to do with the sidewalk at the beginning of the movie?

In the meantime, I’ll just recite the movie to him. It’ll be a lot easier than figuring this one out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joe Versus The Volcano is one of my favourite movies and I also did a post about it on my blog recently.
Hopefully your DVD will turn up soon so you can introduce your friend to this wonderful movie.
Until then have a happy new year.