Monday, December 6, 2010

Look What I Did!


For the past three months I’ve been working on this for a friend of mine. I couldn’t tell you about it sooner because it was a surprise present. I finished it last week, with two days to spare before I was due to visit which is when I planned on giving it to her. Isn’t it pretty! I also gave away the other sweater I made that I showed you a few months ago.

My friends’ reaction inspired me to knit more. Only this time, I’ve decided I’ll design the sweaters myself. What? Think I can’t do it? Why not? Oh, because I have no idea what I’m doing. Ah, I see. Well, I had no idea what I was doing when I started knitting the sweaters I just shared, even with the patterns so why would I let a minor detail like that stop me?

I decided to start with the yarn and go from there. I walked into the store Saturday, expecting to spend a good chunk of the afternoon fondling and comparing in order to choose the perfect yarn. How wrong I was. It took all of three minutes. And they had enough in stock. The yarn vibrated when I looked at it, that’s how magical it is. It’s grey, sort of. Color-shifting grey that might be very dark indigo in some lighting or black in others. This particular yarn is a wool/camel blend which feels absolutely amazing so I can’t wait to get started.

Shouldn’t even take that long. I was flipping back and forth through my handy dandy history of aran sweater book and I think I have the pattern pretty much formed in my mind. All I have to do now is chart it out and voila, I’ll be off knitting again.

Scary, aren’t I?

1 comment:

Molly Daniels said...

Beautiful!! And looks very WARM!

(ahem) Have I mentioned I'm a sucker for cable-knit sweaters? I have a black v-neck baby cable that's my fave, as if you couldn't tell from looking at my promo pics!