Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Rambling


I’ve decided Beau was a raccoon in a past life. He spends all his awake time scavenging. He’s poked into everything. Literally. Things that the other cats have never given a second glance. He squirms and prods and pulls until he has whatever it is open far enough for him to wiggle his way inside. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve found the tip of his tail sticking out from somewhere.

And then, when he’s asleep he does a great impersonation of a coon skin cap. He moulds himself to my head and either wraps his tail around my neck or drapes it down my back. Only I don’t think coon skin caps purr quiet like he does.

I saw his momma today. In the yard at work. Poor little girl must have been freezing. It was 20 and windy as can be. I told her if she would be friendly and trust me just a little bit I’d bring her home where it’s warm and there are soft things to curl up on with regular food and lots of petting. She gave me a look as only cats can and turned me down. For now. I’m not giving up though. Maybe one day she’ll have had enough of fighting to survive on the street and decide to come inside.

2 comments:

Unsure said...

Thats so cute. Sounds like my little Miss. Dutchess, I use to wake up in the middle of the night to sound of crunching bags and things falling of my counter. My poor kitty is definitely a Mid-Night snacker

Molly Daniels said...

With the cold temps, Oreo has been staying in more at night. He wraps himself around my feet at night, and meow'd indignantly this morning with the dog got me out of bed!