Monday, March 7, 2011

The Charmed One


Howie, that is. I needed to have the oil changed and I admit, I’ve been putting it off. I haven’t really felt like hanging out in a garage type place for however long it took and it’s still too chilly for me to sit outside while I wait. Saturday, for reasons I don’t quite understand, I was up and moving at the crack of dawn. Yeah, way earlier than I’d hoped but, since I was up, I decided I might as well deal with it.

Off we went to Jiffy Lube. There’s just something about the lounge areas those places provide that I don’t find appealing so, armed with my book, I convinced myself that I could stand having a hot chocolate in the McDonald’s that is located next door while I waited.

But a funny thing happened. We got there and the bays were empty. No waiting! At 9:30 in the morning when, according to them, they are usually swamped. They pulled Howie right in and all four employees dove right in tending to him. Eight minutes later, with fresh oil, other fluids topped off, floors vacuumed and clean windows, we were out and on our way. I didn’t even have time to open my book.

Gotta love that little car!

No comments: