Monday, March 14, 2011

Today's Rant


Nearly every morning as I’m on my way to work, I encounter an idiot who feels the necessity to cut through a parking lot in order to pull out in front of the line of traffic that is waiting patiently to make a left turn. Said idiot races like a bat out of hell, trying to beat those of us driving legally. He then pops out onto the street bordering the other side of the lot, often without bothering to stop and look to see if anyone is coming. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve witnessed near misses.

Today was one of those days. There were tires squealing, horns blaring and I’m fairly certain, some choice words said. Had there been an accident, I would have stopped and called for help. But I also would have waited to inform the police of the event that would have been the cause of the accident. It’s only a matter of time until that happens. I feel very bad for the poor guy coming the other way who will inevitably be involved simply because he will be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I had the satisfaction today of ending up behind the parking lot racer as we turned the next corner. Guess what! The light at the end of that block was red so cutting through the lot served no purpose other than to move up in front of two cars. Woohoo!

My recommendation to the idiots who do this – leave home eight seconds earlier so you don’t have to risk anyone’s life with your stupidity. There’s never a cop around when you need one.

No comments: