Monday, March 21, 2011

Bravo!


I went to see Eva May in her school show Friday night. Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella. Unfortunately, she doesn’t really sing so she had a small part but still, it was okay. The kids did a great job and they looked like they were having fun, which is what I think is most important.

It’s been wonderful, watching Eva mature as a performer over the years. She’s always loved being involved in such things. At the beginning, back when she was a small child, she was a bit timid. Now, she radiates with confidence. She’s comfortable with lines, knows what’s expected of her, is capable of compensating if needed and it shows.

I think she’s planning on auditioning for the summer show and then next year will be a play, not a musical so I’m looking forward to seeing more of her on stage. Whatever role she gets, I’ll be there, cheering her on as always and so proud to call her my friend.

No comments: