Thursday, March 3, 2011

Time


Most days, I could use more of it. There are so many things to do that I don’t seem to be able to fit them all in. Like most of the world, I’m not independently wealthy so I work full time. I have all the standard chores, same as everyone else, house, laundry, food foraging, routine car stuff.

In addition to that, I write. Or I try too when I can find an uninterrupted chunk of time. It’s difficult, though not impossible, to create full-length novels one or two paragraphs at a time. I blog, generally four or five days a week. Admittedly sometimes, like today, I just ramble but other days I actually do a little research.

I read. It takes forever to read books when you can only manage a few pages here and there. I’ve been knitting. I just designed my very first sweater so I’ve been working on that. It’s fun, watching the pattern develop.

I have friends both near and far that I don’t get to see as often as I’d like. I want to travel. I was very fortunate during the first chapter of my life. I got to do that more than many teenagers and I miss it.

It’s getting warm again so my thoughts are turning to gardening. And since it is almost spring things all over will be coming back to life so I’d like to go roaming with my camera. Boy, talk about things that can eat up chunks of time! Ooh, and I’ll take my kite with me too while I’m out and about.

There are a million other things I could add to this list but I’m sure you know what I mean. Hmm, seems like I’m missing something major though. Oh, yeah. I know what it is. Sleep. But I don’t do that very well so perhaps that’s what will have to go in order to make time for something else.

No comments: