Friday, March 25, 2011

Plans?


Anyone doing anything thrilling this weekend?

Me? I’m feeling a bit destructive. No, not self-destructive. More of a search and destroy unnecessary things in my house kind of destructive. I don’t do it very often. In fact, I hate to sort through stuff. I bring it into the house, put it down and there it stays until I get into one of these moods.

I’m not a hoarder. I don’t keep things because I think I can’t live without them. I just can’t be bothered. Currently, I have a bunch of bills and pay stubs, things that really must be kept for a certain amount of time. Only I never seem to make myself go back and deal with them at the end of that allotted time.

A very wise woman once said to do projects like this in twenty minute increments. That’s enough time to actually accomplish something significant while not being so overwhelming that you never force yourself to begin.

So tonight, it will be the junk mail and books that have accumulated on the chest inside of my front door. Next, I’ll figure out what to do with all the stuff that was displaced to make room for the piano and three cabinets of piano rolls.

And I have all that I salvaged from my great aunt’s house when she moved into the home. Problem is she died and I couldn’t make myself look through the boxes to decide where in my house the things should live. Hmm, I’m still not sure if I’m ready to tackle that yet so maybe not.

All this is subject to change, naturally, if something exciting comes up. Unless anyone wants to come help? There’s an idea. Maybe I’ll turn this into a gathering. It’s always more fun to sort through someone else’s junk than it is your own. What is it you’re doing again this weekend?

No comments: