Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Did I Ever...


…tell you about my mother and the saran wrap? Forgive me if I repeat myself. Many, many years ago I arrived home semi-late one eve to find her waiting in the kitchen. Always a cause for suspicion and that night was no exception. I asked what was going on and, very proudly, she stood and wove her way to me. In her hand was a square of saran wrap. She proceeded to place it on my head and proclaim that I would not be able to move. The saran wrap would create a force field, rendering me paralyzed. Not a normal function of that product and I bet one the inventors never even considered. As you might guess, it didn’t work. I said goodnight and laughed until I fell asleep.

Today, I came home from work to find a message from my mother asking me to call her back. She needed to know about the saran wrap. Um, yeah. Okay.

So, with great trepidation, I did. Apparently, she had been discussing it with someone and couldn’t quite recall how it worked. She was however, entirely certain that it had. It took some convincing for her to accept that it didn’t. I finally suggested she pull out her roll and try it, all the while assuring her she was safe in doing so.

Yep, that’s my mom for you. Growing up was, at times, an adventure.

No comments: