Monday, July 25, 2011

The Good and the Bad


So how was your weekend? Do anything wondrous? Me? Nothing earth shattering.

I tried out the new SaladWorks. Do you have one? If not, you need one. Way too many choices, lots of specialty salads, all of which are interchangeable. They’ll also make all the salads into a wrap too. I ended up with an Autumn Harvest, with chickpeas instead of carrots. Love cooked carrots, prefer not to have them raw when I have a choice. Very yummy. I’ve been told by some that they think the place is pricey. Perhaps but for what I paid I ended up with two meals because they give you a lot. There are sandwiches too but I didn’t try one so I can’t comment other than to say some of them sound good and I’m likely to go again for one of them. Soup as well but it was too hot for me on Saturday.

Then, Saturday evening, someone, either purposefully or accidentally, set my neighbor’s garage on fire. It’s old and not in the best of shape so she really doesn’t keep much of anything in it but still, she could. Fortunately the fire didn’t spread much past the doors before the trucks got there. I can’t begin to imagine putting on all that heavy gear in this heat but I am ever so grateful that there are people who are willing. And who will risk their own lives to potentially save mine. Oh yeah, I was out there saying thank you before they left. The garage is less than 20 feet from the houses with a wooden fence on the far side connecting the two. It hadn’t rained for real since May so it very easily could have jumped. Scary to say the least.

It finally rained some today. Enough to wet the ground (and make it very, very muggy) though I doubt it was enough to bring the lawns back to life. They’ll probably crunch under foot by tomorrow again.

I’m going to watch the Ghost and Mrs. Muir now, if you’d like to join me. Please bring pizza. I have Reading Draft soda, the only stuff I drink, to go with it.

No comments: