Friday, July 15, 2011

Is It Just Me?


Twenty-odd years ago, Reading took part of its defunct train yard and set up a shopping center. It never really amounted to much, though there was a cool book outlet for a few years. Now all that’s left are a Price Rite semi-scary grocery store and some variety of dollar store. I’m not sure if the over-priced discount shoe store is still there or not. I never found anything I wanted there so I haven’t paid that much attention. Which leaves many, many gaping holes of empty stores.

Then suddenly this week signs appeared announcing the Station Square planned expansion. As in, they’re adding on more space for a planned shopping center. Huh? What’s wrong with the store space that’s already there? Shouldn’t they fill that before they invest who knows how much to create more? Doesn’t seem quite right to me.

In happy writer news, Close to Forever has a release date – August 8th. Yay!

Happy weekend all.

No comments: