Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Harry was Right

I was off for a few days.  Had lots planned to do but then it got hotter than the hinges of Hell, as my dad used to say, and that was the end of all outdoor activities for me.  Still, even though my house is not air conditioned and I spent time worrying that the cats and I were going to melt into the floor, I had fun anyway.  Did a bunch of reading.  Even managed to knit a bit.

This morning, Harry was upset.  He snagged my clothes and I almost had to choose something else to wear as I wasn't positive he would let me have them in order to make it to work on time.  You see, I'd been getting up and opening my house around dawn to try and cool it down some before the heat of the day set in.  I'd go back to bed and Harry and I would read for awhile before we got up for real.  Today, he didn't seem to want me to go any more than I did.

Alas, in the end, he relinquished them.  It was a VERY long day.  Why is it that it takes only minutes to get out of work-mode and forever to get back into it?

No comments: