Thursday, July 12, 2012

I Have an Elephant!


Really, I do.  Or in some alternate reality, I do.

I had a dream last night that was so incredibly real I believe it must truly have happened somewhere.  I was riding an elephant.  A young, perky elephant, not an old, on her last legs elephant.  Someone, nope, don’t know who or why, trapped me on her and sent us both off to the elephant graveyard to die.  I was sobbing and she was very obviously upset but things had been set in motion and there was nothing to be done about it.

Or so I thought.  I have this awesome friend who rescues me from my dreams.  Sometimes from within the dream and sometimes not, depending on whether or not I am able to reach out from wherever I’m stuck.

Last night, I sent out a call for help.  And got it.  I was told we didn’t have to go and die, and how to stop the elephant.  The method worked as expected and I managed to hop down to safety.

So there, Miss Elephant and I stood, grinning because our untimely deaths had been circumvented and I decided to bring her home with me.  Only not to Reading.  I asked said friend if I could keep her and was told of course I could.  I led her to his barn, no, he doesn’t have one in my waking reality, and put her in with his horses, which don’t exist either.

They had a blast!  When I left she was puffing air on them and tickling them with her trunk and they were affectionately head butting her and flicking her with their tales.  She was the happiest elephant I’ve ever seen and I can’t wait to get back to visit.  It's hot today.  I bet she's spraying water on them!

No comments: