Saturday, April 13, 2013

Magic!



This is the print that hangs at the end of my bed.  Pretty, isn’t it?

I found it years ago at Skippack Days, a semi-local arts festival.  It was tucked away in the back of the bin, hiding from everyone else, just waiting for me.  Oh yes, beyond a shadow of a doubt, it was meant for me.

How am I so certain?  Take a close look if you would.  The picture doesn’t do it justice but you can see the church and the houses, can’t you?  Me too.  Today.  It’s not always like that though.  Ha!  That got your attention, didn’t it?

You see, the print is magic.  The colors remain the same but the mist swirls and the scene changes.  There’s always a tower.  Church today but sometimes the buildings are replaced by a castle.

And the mist?  When it swirls, I can see it out of the corner of my eye.  The density changes.  And sometimes, when the mist is very heavy it seeps out into my room.  I can smell it and feel it on my face.

If I ever vanish without a trace be sure to check the print.  I may have found a way to step inside.  You’ll find me in the tower.

Happy weekend, all!

No comments: