Thursday, July 11, 2013

So Tired!



~white light, shining bright
in my bedroom window pane
sleep no more again~

Last night I went up to bed fairly early in order to relax and read before going to sleep.  It was still semi-light.  When I finished my book hours later it was full dark.  I turned the light on my bedside table off.  And it stayed just as bright in my room.

The neighbor installed a dusk to dawn light.  Twice the size of a streetlight and three times brighter.  Seriously.  It’s brighter than those annoying super bright halogen headlights.  And it’s positioned right at eyelevel when I crawl into bed.  No, I can’t close the blinds.  If I do that it will block the fan and I will suffocate.  There’s only one window in the bedroom so the fan must stay where it is.

I prowled my house most of the night since it was impossible to sleep.  With where they placed the light I will never need to turn on lights in my kitchen again either.  Even though there is a potential savings in electrical consumption for me and I would now be able to harvest strawberries in the middle of the night next spring, I find the situation intolerable.

This morning I called my neighbor and asked that something be done about it.  She wasn’t sure if it was possible as her grandson arranged the installation for her.  I requested that she speak with him and find out.  I really need to sleep at least a little bit now and then.  If his response is no, deal with it I suppose I could always contract the boys who were having target practice in my alley last week to shoot it out every time it’s repaired.  Perhaps.  We’ll see what he says.

No comments: