Monday, April 11, 2011

Beautiful!


I went to see the Little One in her school’s musical Saturday. The show itself wasn’t one I’d choose, especially for a public school, but it did show off their talent very nicely. The kids did a great job.

The big surprise came about halfway through the first act. The Little One had a solo! Now she had mentioned this in passing. Months ago at the very beginning of rehearsals. So long ago that my feeble old brain forgot. How wonderful it was! I’m so proud of her!

She’s always, as her mom put it, had stage presence. No matter what the show is or what role she has, the Little One throws herself into it wholeheartedly. She’s tremendous to watch, very vibrant and alive. You can tell how much fun she’s having and this play was no exception.

Some people hear “School Show” and think “Ugh, going out of obligation.” Not me. Not when one of my little girls is involved. I gladly attend and am honored that she wants me there.

No comments: