Saturday, April 16, 2011

It's Alive!


A year or so ago, a Monkey King statue came to live with me. It’s made of blue frosted glass and has been in the same location since it arrived.

Last night, I flipped off the lights and was headed to bed when I noticed I could see blue coming from that corner of the living room. I shouldn’t have been able to see anything. It was dark. Something was different. That’s when I realized. The statue was glowing.

It’s never done that before. And I have no idea why it did so last night. But glowing it was. I was up in the night, prowling as I do at times. I checked and yep, it was still glowing.

Although it’s odd, it’s not at all frightening. I suspect the magic of the statue is reawakening. It’s decided that it’s safe where it is and I can be trusted not to interfere with whatever its purpose is. I can’t wait to find out what that might be!

No comments: