Monday, March 26, 2012

Brava!


Yes, brava again. This time for the Little One. I saw her in her final school show Saturday, the Drowsy Chaperone. Nope, I’d never heard of it either and wasn’t quite sure what to expect. It was tremendous! I highly recommend it if you have the chance. It was kind of a take off on musicals, done in an old-fashioned setting but very current and so funny. If I’d known it was going to be as good as it was I would have gone Friday night too.

The kids did a great job. You could tell they were having fun by the way they were playing things up for the audience. That’s how it should be. Yeah, take it seriously enough to give a good performance but don’t forget to enjoy themselves as they were doing it.

I’m so proud of the Little One. Before the show she received the director’s award for the cast member who went above and beyond for her contribution to their shows over the years. I wasn’t at all surprised because that little girl has worked damn hard for them in every show she’s participated in.

Rumor has it she may be moving up to the local theater troupe if she stays in the area for college. I can’t wait! I’m sure she’ll shine there as well.

No comments: