Monday, March 12, 2012

Saturday


I was out and about Saturday, playing with my new camera. It’s wonderful! A wee tiny Kodak, smaller than my cell phone with a 16 megapixel lens and all sorts of features. The best thing about it? It’s a very friendly little thing that is extremely easy to use. Wonderful, just like my last camera. Upsetting since Kodak cameras will cease to exist soon.

I went roaming all over the place, including the cemetery where my grandparents are buried. I haven’t been there in 24 years, since my grandfather passed so I decide to stop and say hello. I didn’t know exactly where they are just the general direction from the parking area so I was meandering. That’s okay. There are all sorts of interesting things to be found in graveyards.

As I strolled, I noticed what could only be a cemetery employee watching me. Who else would be standing on the office steps in a suit on a Saturday afternoon when there’s no burial in progress? Eventually he became curious enough to ask if I was looking for something specific. That cemetery isn’t the old, pretty one where they’re used to people wandering through it so I’m guessing me doing that aimlessly was out of the norm.

I followed him into the office and proceeded to take pics of the old locator maps as he tried to find them for me. What a cool place it turned out to be! As it happens, I was about 15 feet from stumbling over my grandparents before he interrupted. How’s that for not being there in forever?

Before I left the office I thought it best to ask if it was okay if I poked around, explaining that I had a new camera to play with. Being charming as I was, he couldn’t refuse.

No comments: